May 11, 2005

Holocaust Memorial of the Murdered Jews of Europe

The Holocaust Memorial was officially opened with a ceremony today, tuesday May 10. We saw the life broadcast it earlier this day in the office and were very exited about it. I am still trying to get ahold of a taping, that I could then somehow put on this site, we'll see about that. Of course we saw Peter talking, and I must admit, we were very moved by the ceremony, which had a very appropriate ending with recitals of Mendelssons work and a Kadish.
Thank you to those pointing out newscasts and links about the ceremony to me, thanks Nik.
I'm still working through the plethora of articles that popped all over the net and newspapers (some of them copied Reuters' mistake of naming Serra peter instead of Richard) for an overall view of opinions about the memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment